Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Credit Cards.

Doing something out of your comfort zone is never easy.  That’s why it is called a comfort zone.  There isn’t too much that is outside my comfort zone.  I consider myself a pretty outgoing guy.  But what I did was apply for credit card.  I figured that I am eventually going to need loans for a car or a house so I wanted to work on my credit score.  Most people would think this is a pretty simple and care free task, but credit cards in general can be very scary.  They have their benefits like booking a hotel.  They are also a good replacement for cash.  If you’re at a store and you do not have enough for something you have to have, you can just use your credit card.  Also one of my biggest fears is not paying attention while I’m pumping gas and putting in more gas than I can afford.  This is where the credit card comes in.  Although all these things are good, there is much more to it.  I took business classes all throughout my high school career and they warned us about the risks of having one.  If you are not responsible with it, it could ruin your life.  if you do not pay your bills on time it will negatively affect your credit score.  This will result in higher interest rates and possible denial of loans.  You also have to make sure you do not lose it.  If you misplace is or by accidentally lose it, someone could steal it and purchase items in your name.  You are also risking identity theft.  This is what scares me the most.  Getting your identity back is a long and difficult process.  This is why I am so worried about getting a credit card.  I have not gotten the card yet but I know I will be responsible with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment